Blaine County Recreation District’s Aquatic Center in Hailey offers a variety of swimming lessons, aquatic exercise and fun in the water, playground and sand volleyball courts. Visit bcrd.org for more details or contact BCRD anytime 578-2273 or 788-2144 (Aquatic Center) starting Tuesday, May 27.
SEASON PASSES AVAILABLE ONLINE THIS YEAR
Season passes go on sale online Thursday, May 1 at bcrd.org. Purchase between May 1 and June 1 and save up to $29. Passes may also be purchased at the BCRD office at the Community Campus May 1-June 1 or at the Aquatic Center starting May 27.
REGISTRATION FOR LESSONS, SWIM TEAM AND AQUAROBICS
- Begins Thursday, May 1. There is online registration for Swim Team and Aquarobics only. Register in person for Swim Lessons at the BCRD office at the Community Campus in Hailey from May 1-27 or at the Aquatic Center beginning May 27 so that children can be placed in the appropriate level.
- Season passes—Purchase between May 1 and June 2 and save up to $29. Pre-season discount rates (6% sales tax not included) are $154 family, $80 adult 18-and-older, $66 children 17-and-under, and $66 senior 65 and over.
The regular season pass rates after June 1 (6% sales tax not included) are $183 family, $94 adult 18-and-older, $78 children 17-and-under, and $78 senior 65 and over.
- Monthly passes—Are also available. Check with the pool.
SCHOOL’S OUT PARTY!
- Friday, June 6, free admission for students from 1-5:30 p.m.
WOOD RIVER DOLPHINS SWIM TEAM
Swimming is the perfect summer sport! Watch your child’s swimming take off with proper form and conditioning while having fun with their friends!
- Dates, days—June 2 through Aug. 2, Mondays through Friday, plus 6 swim meets on Saturdays at 9 a.m. at home and various out-of-town locations. The season is capped by the Sagebrush League Championships Saturday, July 26.
- What ages can join?: Ages 5-18 (must be able to swim a length of the pool).
- Pre-season workouts: June 2-5, 10-and-under from 3:30-4:30 p.m., 11-and-older from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Regular-season workouts (starting June 9)—7:30-8:30 a.m. for ages 11-and-up, and 8:30-9:30 a.m. for ages 10-and-under.
- Fee—$175.30 (includes sales tax) covers all training/coaching, swim meet entries and team cap. Scholarships are available.
Offered are five, two-week sessions.
- Days—Mondays through Thursdays.
- Sessions—Session 1 June 9-19; Session 2 June 23-July 3; Session 3 from July 7-17; Session 4 from July 21-31; and Session 5 from Aug. 4-14. Classes are 30 minutes long.
- Eligibility—Ages 6 months to 12 years.
- Times—Classes at 10:30 a.m., 11 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
- Class levels—From “Mommy, Daddy and Me,” (6 months to 3 years) and Guppies (age 3 only) to Aquatot 4-5 and Aquatot 4-7 (non-swimmers); Pre-Beginner 9 and under, and Beginner-Advanced ages 5-12. Children placed based on ages and ability.
- Fee—$42 per session, first-come, first-served. Registration starts Thursday May1 at the BCRD at the Community Campus.
Scholarships available thanks to Atkinsons’ Markets. Info at the Aquatic Center.
Private and semi-private lessons: For youth and adults. See rapid improvements in technique with one-on-one instruction from patient and knowledgeable instructors. Schedule a lesson at the Aquatic Center Front Desk.