Schedule set for Ride Sun Valley Bike Festival
Visit Sun Valley and USA Cycling have jointly announced the schedule for the third annual Ride Sun Valley Mountain Bike Festival June 29-July 7 in the Sun Valley area.
Featured event is the USA Cycling Marathon Mountain Bike Championship for men and women Saturday, July 6. Marathon competitors will compete on a 45-mile two-lap course with 4,000 feet of climbing and about 85% single track. The course is a modified version of last year’s National Cross Country amateur championships at Sun Valley.
Other events include:
· Saturday and Sunday, June 29-30: Sun Valley Enduro downhill from Baldy’s summit to the bottom of Warm Springs; also on those days, the Sun Valley Dirt Rally benefit ride for The Arthritis Foundation.
· Tuesday, July 2: Idaho Pump Track State Championships.
· Wednesday, July 3: Ketchum Criterium.
· Thursday, July 4: Hailey Independence Day Criterium..
· Saturday, July 6: Sun Valley Bald Juan Cross Country.
High school girls’ soccer plans to be outlined
Wood River High School girls’ varsity soccer coach Jenni Conrad has scheduled two meetings to meet with new prospects, to greet high school players and to outline plans for the summer and pre-season.
· Today, Wednesday, May 15. Conrad will meet with any eighth-graders interested in playing in the high school program this fall. She will discuss the high school program along with its summer and pre-season schedule at 3:30 p.m. today in Wood River Middle School lunch room, Hailey.
· Monday, May 20: Conrad will meet at 3:45 p.m. in the high school Distance Learning Center with any high school students intending to play for the Wolverines in the fall. Summer and pre-season schedules will be available then.
Kori Wagner captures Natural Figure title in Boise
Kori Wagner of Bellevue took first place in the Novice Figure class April 26 during the 21st annual NGA Northwest Natural Pro-Atlas Bodybuilding and Figure Championships at Borah High School in Boise.
Wagner, a 2008 Wood River High School graduate, is a full-time student at Boise State University majoring in criminal justice. She trains with Eric Cafferty of Peak Performance. Her gym is Fitness 19.
Entry deadlines for Sun Valley Half Marathon
The Wood River YMCA is presenting the ninth annual Sun Valley Half Marathon on Saturday, June 1 starting at 9 a.m. from the lawn near Sun Valley Pavilion. Last year there were 100 finishers at the 13.1-mile distance led by Joseph Gray, 28, in 1.14:50 and Shannon Deboer, 25, in 1.37:34.
This year’s courses are 13.1 miles, 10 kilometers (6.2 miles) and 5k (3.1 miles). Visit imathlete.com for more details. Race director Brad Mitchell (email@example.com) can answer questions.
Another Robie Creek result
Another local result from the 36th annual Race to Robie Creek 13.1-mile half marathon run near Boise April 20, with overall placing, name and age, final time and class placing:
368—Rick Stark, 55, of Bellevue 1.54:49 (5th 55-59). He improved by 13 minutes over his time in the 2012 Robie race.