Bareback bronc overall winner Billy Wall from the tiny southeastern Idaho town of Nounan scored a 72-point ride Sunday at Hailey Rodeo Park during the second performance of the Intermountain Pro Rodeo Association Finals.
Wall won $1,500 on the weekend to emerge as the ImPRA bareback bronc high overall season money winner with $4,654.61. Another one of Sunday’s bronc riders, Zach Hutchison of Malta, was the weekend winner with an 82-point ride for $631.70, which pretty much matched his entire summer winnings on the tour.
The two-night holiday rodeo attracted 108 total entries. It brought together the top 12 finalists in nine separate ImPRA events that took place over the spring and summer of 2012.
Other event winners earning highest season money:
- Saddle bronc: Cliff Toone of Gooding $5,843.92.
- Bullriding: Brady Oleson of Blackfoot $5,826.40.
- Stock saddle bronc: Derrick Huffaker of Woodruff, Utah $2,363.10.
- Tie down roping: Lex Smith of Malad $5,414.41.
- Breakaway roping: Wyatt Williams of Gooding $5,161.95.
- Steer wrestling: Rob Dansie of Blackfoot $4,443.00.
- Team roping: Rob Webb and Dan Webb of Wendell $7,086.24.
- Team roping, header: Tyler Bell of Pocatello $4,017.21.
- Team roping, heelers: Jared Parke of Gooding $4,175.25.
- Barrel racing: Kyna Schrader of Middleton $6,225.65.
For the season, the men’s and women’s all-around winners by place, along with their prize winnings, were:
- Men: 1—Rob Webb of Wendell repeated his all-around title for $6,412.73. 2—Jared Parke of Gooding $5,675.44. 3—Dan Webb of Wendell $5,171.80. 4—Kyle Van Biezen of Twin Falls $5,037.91. 5—Lex Smith of Malad $4,855.11. 6—Garrett Smith $3,360.40. 7—Ryan Barrington of Blackfoot $1,949.56.
- Women: 1—Darby Fox of King Hill $4,730.03. 2—Kimberlyn Fehringer of American Falls $3,516.85. 3—Shelby Freed of Pocatello $2,557.79. 4—Kariann Hull of Blackfoot $1,957.41. 5—Savannah Hull $1,871.86. 6—Katelyn Perkins $1,576.22. 7—Cassie Viestra $1,204.80.
The ImPRA stock contractors were Hoggan Rodeo of Terreton (2012 Stock Contractor of the Year); Diamond H of Smithfield, Utah; Kings Cattle Co. of Homedale; and 7C Buckers of Tooele, Utah (2012 Stock Contractor director).
Results after the finals:
- Bareback bronc: 1—Billy Wall of Nounan $4,654.61 ($1,500.05 on the weekend). 2—Josh Adams of Grace $2,986.49 ($552.65). 3—Justin Hatch $1,561.84 ($631.60). 4—Skylerr Valentine of Blackfoot $1,461.50 ($789.50). 5—Zach Hutchison of Malta $1,270.10 ($631.70). 6—Cooper Clemens of Blackfoot $905.20 ($631.60). 7—Pat Gibson of Grace $581.76. 8—Kip Lish $345.60. 9—Dylon Baker of Bluffdale, Utah $182.40. 10—Jack Dunbar of Randolph, Utah $91.20.
- Saddle bronc: 1—Cliff Toone of Gooding $5,843.92 ($1,342.15 weekend). 2—J.D. Johnson of Bathwell, Utah $3,471.45 ($1,184.25). 3—Derrick Huffaker of Woodruff, Utah $2,218.69 ($868.45). 4—Coburn Bradshaw of Beaver, Utah $1,945.70 ($789.50). 5—Kendall Anderson of Grantsville, Utah $894.89 ($552.65). 6—Jordan Couch of Malad $506.88. 7—Bailey Bench of Oakley $354.24. 8—Jaren Evans of Bluffdale, Utah $289.23. 9—Conway Tapp of Malad $129.60.
- Bullriding: 1—Brady Oleson of Blackfoot $5,826.40. 2—Trevor Toomer of Georgetown $2,498.78 ($578 weekend). 3—Brady Sullivan of Stockton, Utah $2,462.88 ($289). 4—River Stephenson of Blackfoot $2,373.60 ($1,156.00). 5—Josh Toomer of Georgetown $1,264.30 ($867). 6—Ryne Barrington of Blackfoot $645.20. 7—Colton Baratti of Filer $485.60. 8—R.J. Eppers $359.10.
- Stock saddle bronc: 1—Derrick Huffaker of Woodruff, Utah $2,363.10 ($525 weekend). 2—Robbie Barnes of Downey $2.054.00 ($245). 3—Cole Estill of Gerlach, Nev. $1,850 ($700). 4—Seth Franklin of Burns, Ore. $880.17. 5—Anthony Brown of Grantsville, Utah $820.00 ($280). 6—Tanner McNee of Downey $680.00 ($175). 7—J.D. Johnson of Bathwell, Utah $520.00 ($175). 8—Carl Hickey of Lone Tree, Wyo. $337.50.
- Tie down roping: 1—Lex Smith of Malad $5,414.41 ($1,779.00 weekend). 2—Rob Webb of Wendell $4,324.73 ($1,423.20). 3—Skeeter Roe of Wendell $3,247.39. 4—Kyle Van Biezen of Twin Falls $3,199.69 ($889.50). 5—Dan Webb of Wendell $2,390.74 ($355.80). 6—Jared Arave of Blackfoot $2,043.06 ($889.50). 7—Jared Parke of Gooding $1,919.74. 8—Cody Craig of Wendell $842.88. 9—Ryan Barrington of Blackfoot $779.52. 10—Cole Smith of Montpelier $697.44. 11—Jason Wilson of Lewiston, Utah $643.68. 12—Cooper Nuffer of Eden $568.02.
- Breakaway roping: 1—Wyatt Williams of Gooding $5,161.95. 2—Kimberlyn Fehringer of American Falls $4,173.97 ($2,045.85 weekend). 3—Jill Lufkin of Menan $4,066.81 ($355.80). 4—Kara Burns of Rigby $3,189.50 ($800.55). 5—Shanna Skinner of Twin Falls $2,789.06. 6—Dasha Steadman of Soda Springs $2,746.91 ($1,067.40). 7—MacKenzie Barrington of Blackfoot $2,542.20 ($533.70). 8—Shelby Freed of Pocatello $2,404.26 ($553.70). 9—Darby Fox of King Hill $2,213.52. 10—Alex Burns of Rigby $2,063.07. 11—Kristen Smith of Rigby $1,707.36. 12—Kalana Parker of Wendell $1,372.85.
- Steer wrestling: 1—Rob Dansie of Blackfoot $4,443.00 ($1,423.20 weekend). 2—Riley Hamilton of Thatcher $4,135.90 ($1,956.90). 3—Tanner Stanger of Murtaugh $2,190.98 ($177.90). 4—Aaron Skinner of Clifton $2,006.04 ($355.80). 5—Justin Keppner of Challis $1,146.76. 6—Ryne Barrington of Blackfoot $1,061.54 ($533.70). 7—Payson Munns of Rexburg $912.60 ($355.80). 8—Ross Cunningham of Chubbuck $745.38 ($177.90). 9—Brogan Bennett of Gooding $699.60. 10—Lex Smith of Malad $686.00. 11—Riley Butler of Blackfoot $614.81 ($355.80). 12—Colton Hill of Blackfoot $216.00.
- Team roping: 1—Rob Webb and Dan Webb of Wendell $7,086.24.2—Dallen Gunter of McCammon and Max Kuttler of American Falls $6,556.28 ($355.80). 3—Clayton Hansen of Ontario, Ore. and Jared Parke of Gooding $6,492.05. 4—Jaguar Terrill and Beau Hutchinson of Blackfoot $6,049.46. 5—Tyler Christensen and Kyle Van Biezen of Twin Falls $5,687.64. 6—Tyler Bell of Pocatello and Ben Tibbitts of Blackfoot $5,625.42 ($1,245.30). 7—Jade Stoddard of St. Anthony and Brad Freeland of West Haven, Utah $4,609.80. 8—Clay Berry of Garland, Utah and Britt Newman of St. Anthony $4,476.16. 9—Pace Broncho of Blackfoot and Jay Broncho of Pocatello $3,739.10 ($1,245.30). 10—Cody Craig of Wendell and Chance Haviland of Buhl $3,492.00. 11—Cody Yerrington of Carey and Dustin Wells of Buhl $3,247.76 ($711.60). 12—Pete Jones of Twin Falls and Casey Perkins of Shoshone $2,915.43.
- Team roping, header: 1—Tyler Bell of Pocatello $4,017.21 ($1,867.95 weekend). 2—Rob Webb of Wendell $3,402.00. 3—Dallen Gunter of McCammon $3,348.28 ($177.90). 4—Tyler Christensen of Twin Falls $3,137.82. 5—Jaguar Terrell of Blackfoot $3,131.97. 6—Clay Berry of Garland, Utah $2,866.34 ($889.50). 7—Jade Stoddard of St. Anthony $2,774.22. 8—Cody Yerrington of Carey $2,496.58 ($1,245.30). 9—Steve Sherwood $2,490.96. 10—Pace Broncho of Blackfoot $2,388.13 ($1,156.35). 11—Clayton Hansen of Ontario, Ore. $2,316.80. 12—Pete Joens of Twin Falls $1,531.00. 13—Cody Craig of Wendell $1,505.52.
- Team roping, heelers: 1—Jared Parke of Gooding $4,175.25. 2—Ben Tibbitts of Blackfoot $4,098.81 ($1,867.95). 3—Dan Webb of Wendell $3,684.24. 4—Britt Newman of St. Anthony $3,388.82 ($889.50). 5—Max Kuttler of American Falls $3,208.00 ($177.90). 6—Beau Hutchinson of Blackfoot $2,917.49. 7—Cole Sherwood $2,753.04. 8—Kyle Van Biezen of Twin Falls $2,549.82. 9—Dustin Wells of Buhl $2,530.18 ($1,245.30). 10—Jay Broncho of Pocatello $2,418.37 ($1,156.35). 11—Chance Haviland of Buhl $1,986.48. 12—Brad Freeland of West Haven, Utah $1,835.58. 13—Casey Perkins of Shoshone $1,384.43.
- Barrel racing: 1—Kyna Schrader of Middleton $6,225.65 ($1,779.00). 2—Kini Wright of St. Anthony $3,788.85 ($355.80). 3—Darby Fox of King Hill $3,406.01 ($1,601.10). 4—Jessi Cronquist of Ogden, Utah $3,106.66. 5—Kristy Barton of Carey $2,731.98 ($533.70). 6—Tonia Davis of Warren, Utah $2,359.97. 7—Timmi Hutchings of Blackfoot $2,297.16 ($1,067.40). 8—Timmi Ward of Riverside, Utah $1,541.76. 9—Kariann Hull of Blackfoot $1,088.61. 10—Toni Horkley of Rexburg $832.05. 11—Shelby Freed of Pocatello $707.23. 12—Kortni Scott of Leadore $591.46.