Friday, May 11, 2012

Firefighters douse trailer blaze

Victims to be helped by ‘Burnout Fund’


Firefighters from Ketchum and Wood River Fire & Rescue responded Tuesday morning to a fire at The Meadows mobile-home park south of Ketchum.

The accidental fire in a single-wide trailer was caused by food left in a toaster oven, said Ketchum Fire Chief Mike Elle. No one was home at the time of the incident, he said, and no injuries were reported.

The fire, confined to the kitchen and the laundry room, caused moderate damage, but there were no immediate cost estimates. Elle said the owner-occupants did not have insurance but hope to rebuild.

The "Burnout Fund," which gives money to victims of fires, floods and other calamities, will provide the occupants with aid. The fund is supported by private contributions and donations.

 Local Weather 
Search archives:

Copyright © 2020 Express Publishing Inc.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy
All Rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Express Publishing Inc. is prohibited. 

The Idaho Mountain Express is distributed free to residents and guests throughout the Sun Valley, Idaho resort area community. Subscribers to the Idaho Mountain Express will read these stories and others in this week's issue.