Friday, January 29, 2010

Chimney Fire Causes $5,000 in Damages



Express photo by David N. Seelig The Ketchum Fire Department responded to a house fire at 10:33 a.m. Wednesday that was started in a chimney. Fire Chief Mike Elle said a crew had the fire out by 11:21 a.m., with the house—located on Comfort Circle near St. Luke’s Wood River Medical Center—suffering an estimated $5,000 in damages. He said the fire occurred when the pellet stove’s chimney caught fire and extended to wood flooring installed too close to it. “Get your chimneys cleaned at the beginning and end of every burning season,” Elle said.




 Local Weather 
Search archives:


Copyright © 2021 Express Publishing Inc.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy
All Rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Express Publishing Inc. is prohibited. 

The Idaho Mountain Express is distributed free to residents and guests throughout the Sun Valley, Idaho resort area community. Subscribers to the Idaho Mountain Express will read these stories and others in this week's issue.