Saturday, Jan. 30
· Ski the Rails: A family-friendly Nordic tour will start in Ketchum and travel along the Wood River Trail to Hailey 12 miles south, 9 a.m.
· Downtown Hailey Winter Celebration: After skiing the rails, enjoy music from "Up a Creek" at Sun Valley Brewery and festival specials at town stores and restaurants.
· An Evening with Alyson Cambridge: Soprano opera singer Alyson Cambridge will perform at Carol's Dollar Lodge. Call 622-2135 for tickets or go to sunvalley.com. General seating $35, preferred seating $75, 8 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 31
· Boulder Mountain Tour Prep: Galena Lodge and Harriman Trail, pre-ski the tour's route with transportation at the end taking skiers back to Galena Lodge, 9 a.m.
· Night of Champions: Sun Valley Clubhouse. A sendoff for Olympic athletes Morgan Arritola, 23, of Ketchum and snowboardcross qualifier Graham Watanabe, 27,though Watanabe won't be able to attend, 4-6 p.m.
Monday, Feb. 1
· Alturas Trail Ski and Swiss-style Après Ski at Smiley Creek Lodge: The lodge—37 miles north of Ketchum on Highway 75—will serve a Swiss-style après-ski buffet from 3-7 p.m. The $17 meal includes one drink.
· Hear from the fastest man on downhill skis: Local skier, author and columnist Dick Dorworth will read from a soon-to-be published collection of ski writings from the past 40 years, at 5:30 p.m. at the Ski & Heritage Museum, First Street and Washington Avenue in Ketchum.
Tuesday, Feb. 2
· Boulder Prep Tips and Technique Clinic: Sun Valley Nordic Center, instructors and Olympians will provide technique and nutrition pointers for skiing the Boulder Mountain Tour, skate technique only, 1 p.m.
· Avalanche Awareness Program: Hailey Community Campus, Room 903, 7-8 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 3
· Guided Snowshoe Adventure: Galena Lodge, 11 a.m.
· Sun Valley 5 km Snowshoe Challenge: Sun Valley Nordic Center, registration at active.com costs $15 and closes at midnight Tuesday, Feb. 2. Race-day registration is $25 and is available 9-11:30 a.m. at the Nordic Center. Race starts at noon.
· Lizzy's Fresh Coffee Tastings and Tours: 971 N. Main St. Ketchum, noon to 4 p.m.
Sun Valley Nordic Sprint Races: Sun Valley Nordic Center, day-of registration only from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for male and female categories. The $20 entry goes to cash purse, 1-4 p.m.
· Author and Olympic Skier John Morton: Community Library, 415 Spruce Ave. Behind-the-scenes observations from his experiences at seven Winter Olympic Games, book signing with hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps, 6 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 4
· Snowshoe with a Ranger: Galena Lodge, 11 a.m.
· Downtown Ketchum Nordic Night: An in-town night of friendly races, music and a snowshoe dance-off at the future site of the Sun Valley Center for the Arts across the street from the post office. Reno-based band Sol'Jibe will play, with a bonfire and warm refreshments, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Free.
· Best of Banff Film Festival and Friends of the SNFAC Fundraiser: NexStage Theatre in Ketchum, doors open at 6 p.m. for pre-film social hour with wine, beer and food. Films start at 7 p.m. A raffle will also be held each night to win winter sports equipment. Raffle and film tickets available at Backwoods, Elephant's Perch, Chapter One and the door.
Friday, Feb. 5
· Boulder Foothills Ski Tour: Idaho Conservation League hosts a half day of ski touring. Meet at the Sawtooth National Recreation Area parking lot at 9:45 a.m. to carpool the rest of the way. Call Megan at 726-7485 to register.
· Boulder Mountain Tour Expo: Wood River Community YMCA, Ketchum. Everyone entered in the tour needs to pick up their information between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m.
· KSVHS.org Reception: Ski & Heritage Museum at First Street and Washington Avenue in Ketchum. Cocktail hour before the Banff Film Festival, 5 p.m.
· Best of Banff Film Festival and Friends of the SNFAC Fundraiser: NexStage Theatre in Ketchum, doors open at 6 p.m. for pre-film social hour with wine, beer and food. Films start at 7 p.m. A raffle will also be held each night for winter sports equipment. Raffle and film tickets available at Backwoods, Elephant's Perch, Chapter One and the door.
Saturday, Feb. 6
· Boulder Mountain Tour: The 32-km race starts at 10 a.m. in Senate Meadows near Galena Lodge. Register at bouldermountaintour.com.
· First Annual Half-Boulder: The 15-km race will start near the Baker Creek parking area at 10:45 a.m. For details, go to bouldermountaintour.com.
· Avalanche Rescue Beacon Clinic: Avalanche Rescue Training Park on Sun Valley Road next to Our Lady of the Snows Catholic Church. Bring a beacon if you have one, 1 p.m.
· Best of Banff Film Festival and Friends of the SNFAC Fundraiser, NexStage Theatre in Ketchum. Doors open at 6 p.m. for pre-film social hour with wine, beer and food. Films start at 7 p.m. A raffle will also be held each night for winter sports equipment. Raffle and film tickets available at Backwoods, Elephant's Perch, Chapter One and the door.
Sunday, Feb. 7
· Boulder Mountain Tour Demo Day: Sun Valley Nordic Center. Free skiing, 10 a.m.