Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Real Fireworks for the Fourth



The Fourth of July proved not to be much of a holiday for firefighters from the Ketchum and Sun Valley fire departments, who responded to a blaze on Skiway Drive in the Warm Springs neighborhood of Ketchum. About 35 firefighters, including two from Wood River Fire & Rescue, five engines and a ladder truck were on scene to help extinguish a garage fire that started as a result of oil-soaked rags that spontaneously combusted. Ketchum Assistant Fire Chief Robbie Englehart said the owner had recently been staining his deck and left the rags in a cold entry to the garage of his single-family house. The fire caused about $25,000 in damage, mostly to the exterior of the garage. Express photo by Willy Cook




 Local Weather 
Search archives:


Copyright © 2021 Express Publishing Inc.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy
All Rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Express Publishing Inc. is prohibited. 

The Idaho Mountain Express is distributed free to residents and guests throughout the Sun Valley, Idaho resort area community. Subscribers to the Idaho Mountain Express will read these stories and others in this week's issue.