Just 60 miles north of Sun Valley is Redfish Lake, one of the loveliest of mountain lakes. And a few miles beyond Redfish is the town of Stanley, which at 6,260 feet in elevation is one of the coldest spots in the Lower 48 in the winter. In the summer, however, it's a beehive of activity as travelers, hikers, climbers, rafters and others pass through this small mountain village¾especially when the sun warms up the small burg with festivals and summer music events.
· Bridge Street Grill features Kim Stocking playing four-piece acoustic music, 7-9 p.m. Saturday, June 23.
· Kasino Club will host In Search of a Red Headed Fiddler, 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Friday and Saturday, June 22 and 23.
· Mystic Saddle Horse Pack Trip begins on Monday, June 25, through Friday, June 29, for kids 11 and up to explore glaciated canyons, gem-blue lakes and scenic mountain passes in the Sawtooth National Forest. Fee: $350 for the week¾scholarships are available. Register: 727-YMCA.
· Galena Youth Adventure Camp for 8 to 12-year-olds, also begins Monday, June 25, through Friday, June 29, at Galena Lodge. Advance registration: 726-4010 or galenalodge.com.
· Galena Lodge night wagon rides and barbecue are at 6 p.m. each Thursday. Cost is $35. Galena Lodge is 23 miles north of Ketchum on Highway 75. Details: 726-4010.
· Redfish Lake Lodge hosts live music from 4-7 p.m. each Sunday. This Sunday, June 24, Cary Judd plays with guest Cameron Bolander.
July 1, Matt Hopper and friends.
July 8, Kris Doty Band with Joy Cuming.
July 15, Travis and Ali Ward with Thomas Paul.
July 22, James Orr w/Darin Schaffer.
July 28, Charlotte Kendrick.
July 29, Finn Riggins w/Cataldo Music.
Aug. 5, Nicole Bayley and Mo Kelly.
Aug. 12, Darren Smith w/Milo.
Aug. 19, Belinda Bowler w/Jonah Shue and Dave Manion.
Aug. 26 - Douglas Cameron Band with Shook Twins.
Sept. 2 - Charlie Sutton.
Redfish Lake Lodge is also booking dinner cruises on the lake. Depending on the menu, cost is $70 up to $150 per person for dinner. For reservations call Arsenio at (208) 774-3536.
· Annual Kids Parade and Fireworks Display, July 4¾evening fireworks display at city center.
· Mountain Mamas' Arts & Crafts Show, July 21 and 22. The public pancake breakfast is Sunday, July 22.
· Second annual Sawtooth Music Festival, July 28, is a benefit for the Stanley School, in Pioneer Park. There will be eight bands playing on two stages from noon until dark. There will also be craft and food vendors. Camping will be permitted in the park, though you might want to think twice¾t can get windy up on that hill. For tickets visit www.sawtoothmusicfestival.com.
· Sawtooth Salmon Festival, Aug. 25 and 26 at Pioneer Park. The festival includes field trips, history, food, vendors and entertainment.
· Mountain Mamas' 23rd annual Quilt Festival, Sept. 14 through 16.
· Firemens' Ball at Redfish Lake Lodge, Sept. 22. Silent auction, food, music. For details call Andy Gunderson (208) 774-3512.