Because it goes without saying that an excellent way to spend Earth Day is exploring one or more of Wood River Land Trust's beautiful local preserves, my list below includes other thoughts on how to spend the day. And remember, wherever you go—walk or ride your bike.
1. Ride your bike up Trail Creek until you hit snow and then cruise to your favorite patio for burgers and a beverage.
2. Plant a tree or three and some native wildflower seeds. It's also fun to peruse the nursery for native plants. And, of course, pull up some of that dreaded knapweed.
3. Invite all your favorites over for dinner featuring locally grown organic foods.
4. Work on your spring plantings while singing old REM songs at the top of your lungs. I recommend selections from "Life's Rich Pageant," but that's just me.
5. Stop what you're doing, look around, and marvel at this stunningly beautiful place where you're lucky enough to live and play.