Anna Johnson moved here 10 years ago from her hometown of Richmond, Va., after graduating from Sarah Lawrence College in New York. She is married to Kevin Johnson—they have a 2-year-old daughter named Caroline, and a golden retriever named Modoc. She is the director of family and new member ministries and theater outreach at St. Thomas Episcopal Church in Sun Valley, as well as an actress and director. These are her Top Five Dates:
1) With my husband: Kevin and I really enjoy going to Sushi on Second and a movie down the block. In a busy house with a toddler it is hard to find time to spend time on your relationship with your spouse. This year we saw "Babel" and "Little Miss Sunshine" and absolutely loved them both. We talked about the movies the whole trip back to the house. We hope to see more films in 2007.
2) With our daughter: Probably the best date Caroline went on this year was to see Sun Valley Ballet School's "Nutcracker" and Laughing Stock's "A Christmas Carol." Anyone in a dress is a ballerina—which she adores. If they aren't wearing dresses, she says, "Bring back the ballerinas!" Caroline does like to talk to the dancers and actors in the middle of the show, however—like people in the South do in movie theatres.
3) With our dog: In the summer our favorite date with our dog is to drive up north to Stanley. We get coffee and breakfast at the Stanley Bakery. We take our dog onto a trail in the Sawtooths, eat a picnic lunch at the park in Stanley while she explores, then let her swim in the water in Alturas Lake while we lay on the beach. Oh yes, and then we pick up a famous milk shake at Smiley Creek Lodge—and we save a little for her.
4) With the girls: No doubt, we all love to go to Taste of Thai in Hailey, catch up on all the news, then walk next door to see a Company of Fools play together at the Liberty Theatre. Then we try to make a date afterwards to talk about the play we just saw.
5) With myself: Believe it or not, I love a quiet day at home and a nap.